Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Date: 11-15 September 2017
Deadline for applications: May 15 2017 (see form at the end of this page)
Goals: Teach skills in seismic interpretation using industry standard software. Basics of seismic acquisition methods and processing. Back stripping and isostasy (1 D). Case studies.
- Day 1. Intro to seismic acquisition and processing, sub-salt, exercise. Trainers to be identified from industry.
- Principles of seismic interpretation, depth conversion DHI, Petrel Demo. Gulf of Mexico. Also on paper. Trainer: Andrea Moscariello.
- Day 2. Principles of seismic stratigraphy reflector geometry, seismic sequence stratigraphy. Geological domains. Trainers: Claudia Bertoni and Andrea Moscariello, plus others. Afternoon. Case studies from Mediterranean Basin. Logging. Trainer: Johanna Lofi.
- Day 3. Fluids and seismic data. Overpressure. Trainers: Claudia Bertoni, plus processing expert for overpressure. Afternoon: Exercise. Simulation of drilling site location. Various MEDSALT members as trainers.
- Day 4. Back-stripping principles, isostatic response of salt in sedimentary basins. Trainer: Daniel Garcia Castellanos.
- Day 5. Field trip (to be defined).
Participation: MEDSALT will support the participation of 11 trainees with a fixed grant to cover travel and subsistence costs (lodging will be arranged by the organisers).
Trainees eligible to be reimbursed: 1. Trainees from COST Full Members / COST Cooperating Member. 2. Trainees from Approved NNC institutions. 3. Trainees from Approved European RTD Organisations. See lists
Target Trainees: PhD Students and Early Stage Researchers (ESR, time elapsed between the date of the PhD/doctorate (or similar experience) and the date of involvement in the COST action is equal or less than 8 years). The selection of the trainees will address the COST policies towards Excellence and Inclusiveness:
- geographical spread
- career stage: involving early career investigators
- gender balance
Application: Please, fill the form below and e-mail separately to email@example.com your CV and a reference letter from your supervisor/tutor saved in two files in pdf format named: “Last Name_STSM1.CV.pdf” and “Last Name_STSM1.Reference.pdf”.
*ECI: an applicant who is within a time span of up to 8 years from the date they obtained their PhD/doctorate (full-time equivalent).
Note: General rules for participation in COST Action Training schools can be found in the COST web Page (www.cost.eu) and more specifically in the “COST Vademecum” document (page 33) downloadable at this link: http://www.cost.eu/download/COSTVademecum