Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Date: 11-15 September 2017
Deadline for applications: May 15 2017 (see form at the end of this page)
Goals: Teach skills in seismic interpretation using industry standard software. Basics of seismic acquisition methods and processing. Back stripping and isostasy (1 D). Case studies.
- Day 1. Intro to seismic acquisition and processing, sub-salt, exercise. Trainers to be identified from industry.
- Principles of seismic interpretation, depth conversion DHI, Petrel Demo. Gulf of Mexico. Also on paper. Trainer: Andrea Moscariello.
- Day 2. Principles of seismic stratigraphy reflector geometry, seismic sequence stratigraphy. Geological domains. Trainers: Claudia Bertoni and Andrea Moscariello, plus others. Afternoon. Case studies from Mediterranean Basin. Logging. Trainer: Johanna Lofi.
- Day 3. Fluids and seismic data. Overpressure. Trainers: Claudia Bertoni, plus processing expert for overpressure. Afternoon: Exercise. Simulation of drilling site location. Various MEDSALT members as trainers.
- Day 4. Back-stripping principles, isostatic response of salt in sedimentary basins. Trainer: Daniel Garcia Castellanos.
- Day 5. Field trip (to be defined).
Participation: MEDSALT will support the participation of 11 trainees with a fixed grant to cover travel and subsistence costs (lodging will be arranged by the organisers).
Trainees eligible to be reimbursed: 1. Trainees from COST Full Members / COST Cooperating Member. 2. Trainees from Approved NNC institutions. 3. Trainees from Approved European RTD Organisations. See lists
Target Trainees: PhD Students and Early Stage Researchers (ESR, time elapsed between the date of the PhD/doctorate (or similar experience) and the date of involvement in the COST action is equal or less than 8 years). The selection of the trainees will address the COST policies towards Excellence and Inclusiveness:
- geographical spread
- career stage: involving early career investigators
- gender balance