- Evaporite Processes and Systems: Integrating Perspectives, Salzburg (Austria) 7-8 October 2020
- EGU General Assembly, Vienna 3-8 May 2020
SSP1.6 – Recent Advances on The Messinian Salinity CrisisConvener: Virginie Gaullier, Co-conveners: Agnes Maillard, Jean-Loup Rubino
AAPG Geoscience Technical Workshop (GTW) “Euro-Asian Salt Basins”, Kraków (Poland) 16-18 April 2019
14th International conference on Gas in Marine Sediments (GIMS14)Haifa, Israel, October 2018, http://gims14.haifa.ac.il/
The interdisciplinary conference intends to bring together geologists, biologists, microbiologists, geophysicists, oceanographers, geochemists and scientists from other disciplines in order to facilitate interdisciplinary and international cooperation.
- AAPG Worksop Alpine folded belts and extensional basins, Granada, March 15th-16th 2018 https://www.eiseverywhere.com//ehome/255320
Two associated field-trips, one pre-meeting (14th) on the Messinian basin in the Betics (under discussion) and another post-meeting (17th) on styles of extensional tectonics in
- Penrose conference on Advances in salt tectonics: observations, applications, and perspectives – in honor of Martin P.A. Jackson, 11-16 February, 2018 in Ein Boqeq, Dead Sea, Israel. https://salt-tectonics2018.form-wizard.net/
- “Only in the Mediterranean” Photography Competition, Euro-Mediterranean University
October 10-12, 2017 Toulouse FRANCE, ims2017.sciencesconf.org
MEDSALT Session T1 Understanding Salt Giants and their geological, geochemical and biological Impacts
Conveners. Vanni ALOISI (CNRS Paris, FRA), Judith MCKENZIE (ETH Zurich, AUT), Virginie GAULLIER (UMR LOG 8187 CNRS-Lille1-ULCO, FRA), Daniel GARCIA-CASTELLANOS (ICTJA-CSIC Barcelona, ESP)
3 – 6 September 2017, Athens (Greece)
The Conference’s main topic is the Mediterranean Sea and includes all the cognitive fields connected with geo – sciences/earth sciences, physical processes, human activities as well as the burgeoning environmental changes.
Online Submission will be open on 1ST of February 2016.
- 5th PAGES Open Science Meeting
Special Session “From the Mediterranean to the Caspian: palaeoclimate variability, environmental responses and human”Co-conveners: Ana Moreno, Valentina Yanko-Hombach and William Fletcher
Scientific Session SSP2.6 (Stratigraphy, Sedimentology & Palaeontology – Stratigraphy and Earth Systems History)
Salt Giants: causes, processes and impacts on basin evolution
Conveners: Angelo Camerlenghi , Rachel Flecker
Co-Conveners: Johanna Lofi , Giovanni Aloisi , Christian Hübscher , Daniel Garcia-Castellanos , Judith McKenzie , Hugh Daigle
Abstract submission deadline, January 11 2017
2-9 October 2016, GeorgiaFrom the Caspian to Mediterranean: Environmental Change and Human Response during the QuaternaryThe Fourth Plenary Meeting and Field Trip