In this page you can find video related to the MEDSALT Project and related science.
- Life in the salt crystal 2019 – Video based upon work from COST Action MEDSALT supported by COST. Idea and artistic coordinator: Romana Kačič. Animation, graphic and design: Noemi Zonta. Music Daniele Di Blasi – link to see the video
- Cosmos in sea salt crystal 2018 – Video based upon work from COST Action MEDSALT supported by COST. Idea and artistic coordinator: Romana Kačič. Animation, graphic and sound design: Noemi Zonta. Scientific coordinator: Angelo Camerlenghi – link to see the video.
- Recreation of the evolution of the Messinian salinity crisis, between 6 and 5.3 million years ago. This is one of the scenarios competing among the scientific community studying this period. Time scale (million years per second) not to scale. Click here to see the video – Video produced by the University of Malta under the supervision of: dr. Aaron Micallef.
- Podcast and materials from the GA 2017 GIFT Workshop – The Mediterranean held in April 2017 at the EGU Conference with the presentation “Uncovering the Mediterranean salt giant” by Angelo Camerlenghi
- Video MEDSALT Symposium, Palermo 24-28 October 2016 (video by Luca Mariani)
- MEDSALT 2015 of the research Vessel OGS Explora expedition to the South Balearic Margin (video by Daniel Garcia Castellanos)
In Italian. Italian Geological Society
“GEOLOGI, NON PER CASO” – Venerdì 12 settembre 2014, Aula Magna – Università degli Studi di Milano. (“GEOLOGISTS, NOT BY CHANCE” Friday September 12 2014, Aula Magna, University of Milan)
- Mediterranean isolation and desiccation during the Messinian Salinity Crisis – a possible scenario Daniel Garcia Castellans
Artistic view of the geography of the Gibraltar Arc during the early stages of the Messinian Salinity Crisis (the period of restricted connection between the Mediterranean and the Altlantic). Based on Garcia-Castellanos & Villaseñor, 2011, Nature
- Messinian salinity crisis animation Daniel Garcia-Castellanos
- The evaporating Mediterranean Sea – BBC BBC Earth